On 26 November at 3.00 pm the traditional Christmas market in the Ravennaschlucht near Breitnau in the German Upper Black Forest will open to the public. Although the difficult health situation has forced several organizers to cancel the markets in some cities of Germany, here, thanks to the location of the market and the two controlled accesses, it will be possible to guarantee an optimal level of security. With the 2G plus rule it will be possible to enter the markets only if recovered from the covid or vaccinated but with the addition of a negative anticovid test.
As per tradition, about forty houses will be housed under the viaduct of the Höllentalbahn, among woods and endless Christmas lights. The stand managers and the Hochschwarzwald Tourismus GmbH organized the event in such a way as to ensure the greatest possible safety for anyone visiting the markets, without denying the opportunity to enjoy Christmas and the beautiful things of this holiday.
The maximum capacity of the markets has been reduced by 50% and a shuttle service with fixed times will ensure regular departures without anyone being forced to wait long.
The rules for visiting the markets
- 2G plus rule (vaccinated or cured from covid plus rapid test or negative PCR)
- Obligation to wear a mask on the entire event site (exception: consumption of food and drinks)
- Entrance tickets are available only in advance and by online booking: hochschwarzwald.de/weihnachtsmarkt
- When purchasing the entrance ticket, visitors to the market are offered a time slot of approximately 2 hours.
- In order to offer the best quality experience and the highest possible safety, the visitor capacity in the market area is limited to 2,500 people per time slot – this corresponds to 50% of the normal capacity.
- The shuttle buses from Titisee, Hinterzarten, Himmelreich and the VIP bus from Freiburg go to the markets and return according to set departure times. This should avoid waiting times for visitors as much as possible. Guests can reserve their seat on the bus for the round trip along with the entrance ticket.
- Visitors to the Christmas market on foot will receive an entrance ticket labeled “I arrive alone”. This means that it is not possible to return by shuttle bus.
Visitors are strongly advised to undergo a corona test before arriving at the Christmas market and to submit the negative test , which must not be older than 24 hours (PCR test: 48 hours), upon boarding the shuttle bus remembering that at the entrance to the Christmas market area it must be ready. If you do not have the opportunity to be tested in advance, you can do the tests spontaneously on the opening days of the Christmas market in the test stations in the Kurhaus Hinterzarten, in the Action Forest Hotel in Titisee and in the Hofgut Sternen directly on the Ravennaschlucht.
But always calculate a bit of a queue…
When and how to go
All four weekends of Advent, Friday from 3pm to 9pm, Saturday from 2pm to 9pm and Sunday from 1pm to 8pm.
It is recommend to reach the railway stations Himmelreich (from Freiburg), Hinterzarten and Titisee (from Donaueschingen) by train. From there, shuttle buses run regularly and free of charge to the Christmas market. The shuttle bus from Titisee is new, the departure is here in the bus park. In addition, a VIP bus passes three times a day from the Freiburg concert hall to the Christmas market and back – for 17 euros per person, including the entrance ticket. Alternatively, there is a hike from Hinterzarten via the Löffeltal (approx. 45-60 minutes).nutes).
For everything else: www.hochschwarzwald.de/weihnachtsmarkt